I'm sure you've heard the recent debate about parents not getting dressed to take their children to school. Kate Chisolm, a primary school head teacher, asked parents escorting their children to school to dress 'appropriately in daywear suitable for weather conditions'. I feel no ill will towards this educator, if you're willing to take my little tyrant off my hands for the day I will dance to the beat of whatever drum you're playing. I have, however, been a bit taken aback by the level of judgement from other parents towards those that don a onesie for a school run. I thought it was readily accepted that parenting was a judgement free zone? My husband takes our son to school in a ratty tracksuit and then goes for a two mile run. What if the mother you're side eyeing has postnatal depression and getting her child to school was the only thing she could manage that day? What if, like me, that parent suffers from incurable laziness and this is just a step too far?
If you're offended by the demand of daywear you could always home educate your children where you would be free to wear pyjamas all day but if you're down for a bit of rebellion check out my top suggestions for nightwear you can wear all day.
1) HUSH As far as I'm concerned Hush make the ultimate in classy night wear. Their pieces are nicer than most of my actual clothes! Slip on some of their jersey trousers for that relaxed lady that lunches vibe.
2) NEXT Next have some amazing day time pyjamas, known amongst fashionistas as lounge wear. Some of their stuff is so cute, I think they'd also make excellent choices for staying comfy but cool on a long journey.
3) ASOS ASOS loungewear is regularly updated so you can get a new school run uniform every week! Their delivery service is so slick it makes it a pleasure to shop for your PJ's in your PJ's.
4) THE WHITE COMPANY Who doesn't love the white company? So chic, I sometimes just wander round the store hoping it will rub off on me. These pieces are a bit pricey so stick them on your next birthday wish list.
5) UGGS Let's just be honest, Uggs are slippers. Slip them on in the morning and you're good to go for the rest of the day.
I'd love to hear what you wear on the school run? Do you take it easy or pull out all the stops.
My Forever Memory Bear competition is now closed. The winner of this beautiful, unique keepsake is:
**TEDDY BEARS AND CARDIGANS**
Forever Memory Bears take your most precious memories and turn them into a personalised bear. I think this bear would be a very special addition to any home and the amazing Forever Memory Bears are offering a fantastic £30 gift voucher towards purchase for all Moderate Mum readers. Just enter MODERATEMUM before checking out to claim (Expires in Feb 2016).